Comments or Queries? Please contact...
What experience and knowledge do I have that can help you?
A wonderfully eclectic career path, from:
- pedaling (and peddling) the Dickie Dee, ice cream cart
- lumberjacking (at least that's what someone called to me in French, as I
walked through the Kapuskasing shopping mall, sporting authentic bush wear and the distinct Muskol scent)
- teaching biology, science, and math
- breeding parrots, canaries, finches, sheep and dogs
- writing magazine articles, mostly about birds, and
books on premature menopause (Menopause Before 40, 2004)
and childbirth (Inspiring Births with a Midwife , www.inspiringmidwifery.com, published in Dec. 2013)
- writing and editing Ministerial correspondence in the Department
of National Defence
- writing gardening articles
- to now... providing expertise as a plant and garden
my children would probably say that I never quite left the Forestry experiences. How many nature walks did I coerce them into,
and how many times did I bore them with tree and plant identification or stories from my bush-stomping days?
What about plants and gardens?
I started growing plants and gardening around the age of
10. I even boxed up my plants and sent them by Greyhound bus to Sault Ste. Marie when I started college. Living on a
rural property with a forest and fields for 10 years allowed me to fully indulge in plants and gardening. I want
to share my passion, knowledge and experience.